Difference between revisions of "Todo"
(Added win32 DX9 todos.)
(→New VICE features)
|Line 102:||Line 102:|
* native screenshot support.
* native screenshot support.
Revision as of 17:55, 30 August 2009
The Todo page is intended to be a place for the VICE developers to put down ideas about the future development of VICE.
Some of these ideas might never be realized, and might look completely absurd, but they could be the inspiration for other ideas.
By putting these ideas down they will be known to any other developers that would like to pick up one of the ideas and implement it.
- Video output.
- c64 LCD64 screen support. ()
- Alternate CPU / Acceleration.
- Scanner / Video input
- Make a list of GUI elements/features per port, compare and implement any missing features for the ports.
- windows-ce X11 support.
- amiga X11 support.
- BeOS X11 support.
- RiscOS X11 support.
- Port to Plan9
- Port to win16
- Port to macos classic (8.x/9.x).
- Make OS/2 SDL port.
- Make atari mint SDL port.
- Make macos classic SDL port.
- Make dreamcast SDL port.
- Make GP32 SDL port.
- Make PSP SDL port.
- Make WII SDL port.
- Make PALMOS SDL port.
- Make GBA SDL port.
- Make NDS SDL port.
- Make PS2 SDL port.
- Make GameCube SDL port.
- Make VAX OpenVMS SDL port.
- Make ALPHA OpenVMS SDL port.
- Make HPPA OpenVMS SDL port.
- Make Symbian OS SDL port.
- Debug/fix the XBOX SDL port.
- Debug/fix the RiscOS SDL port.
- Debug/fix the Windows-CE SDL ports.
- Completely update the RiscOS GUI.
- Completely update the GP2X GUI.
- Win32 DX9
- Window size isn't saved to resources. (Window0Width/Window0Height suggested)
- Handling of aspect ratio. Nojoopa suggested that this be done in a way similar to the SDL version. I assume we just want to change the width (but not height) such that a certain aspect ratio is upheld.
- There is a bug when moving the window partly outside the left edge of the screen. The rendered contents seem to "lock" to the left border.
New VICE features
- native screenshot support.
- script language integration. (lua or python perhaps)
- Split xcbm2 into a 5x0 binary and 6x0/7x0 binary.
- Split the vsid mode off from x64, making vsid a seperate binary.
- Rewrite the c64/c128 cartridge system to allow multiple cart to be attached at the same time.
- Migrate emulators to the cycle based CPU core (6510dtvcore.c, should be renamed), which allows:
- cycle based hooks for complex hardware expansions (SCPU)
- in-line graphics data change emulation (see testprogs/VICII/gfxfetch)
- cycle exact Blitter/DMA vblank start and proper LinearA/B counter handling on x64dtv
- ...and requires (at least):
- rewrite VICII (VICII-DTV rewrite is currently in progress)
- remove 1 clock write offset in CIA etc (VIA already handled in trunk)
- an insane amount of regression testing (preferably with new testprogs where needed)
- Update the *nix documentation
- proper and specific win32 documentation. (.chm format)
- proper and specific amiga documentation. (.guide format)
- proper and specific BeOS documentation.
- proper and specific MSDOS documentation. (.txt format)
- proper and specific OS/2 documentation.
- proper and specific RiscOS documentation.
- proper and specific SDL documentation.