The current release is 3.7.1
The Christmas release. This will basically be what was planned to be 3.7.2, but took too long :)
Main goals are to get rid of (in tree) ffmpeg, and add the new joymapping code.
We'll have to mostly fix the fallout caused by the new joymapping code for this one.
- merge the SDL multithread stuff
- complete the joymapping and related UI things
- add a triple size CPU based CRT renderer
- perhaps try one last time to update the FFMPEG/libav code, if that does not work remove it
The Christmas release 2024.
These are the long term goals, vaguely coined "4.0":
- remove SDL1 support
- all important targets haved SDL2 now, so there is hardly a reason to keep SDL1 support. Removing it is simply about preventing bit rot and removing some complexity.
- remove x64 (possibly rename x64sc to x64)
- Soon x64sc will work fine on raspy and alike
- merge the separated GUI/Emulator-core branch
- move repository to git
- this needs to be coordinated
- release 4.0
see Todo for the gory details